Say "good-bye" to energy bills in your award winning net-zero home!
QR Code Link to This Post
Nestled on 15 wooded acres, this wind powered home features the following: passive solar strategies, R55 Icynene roof insulation, R27 SIP walls, triple pane low-E windows, efficient water heating, Energy Star appliances, EE lighting, water conserving measures, ozone generator for laundry, and luxurious in floor heat provided by an air-to-water heat pump. And all this is powered by your 10 kW Bergey wind turbine (annual maintenance completed on 9/17/19)! Owners offer 6 months of consultation to help you transition to this net-zero lifestyle.
Add superb drinking water, wild berries, and delicious leeks in the spring, and you have a complete package of Nature's bounty and beauty. Featured trees are maple, beech, oak, birch, ironwood, and pine. This home rests atop Onota Hill, the highest ground in Alger County and halfway between Marquette and Munising. Head east to stunning Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, or head west to Sugarloaf Mountain. Or, stay home and visit Hiawatha National Forest and local waterfalls. Hike, kayak, paddle board, snowmobile, ski, and snowshoe all in your own backyard.
This home's setting is private and peaceful. When the fall colors fade, light a fire in your Tulikivi masonry heater and enjoy the Lake Superior views from your east windows. This home was most recently recognized with the Net Zero Hero award by the Green Home Institute (https://greenhomeinstitute.org/simonetta-residence-receives-2018-zero-energy-hero-award-home-for-sale/).
Copy and paste the following additional links for details on other awards received:
http://reedsburgutility.com/docs/publications/PR_July11.pdf (page 4)
Property dimensions: 660' x 990'.
* Reduced carbon footprint
* No propane, fuel-oil, or electric bills - phone only!
* No lawn and virtually no outdoor maintenance
* Pure drinking water
* Cozy in the winter with warm floors under your feet
* Open floor plan from 1st floor to loft
* Abundant natural light including an interior window in pantry
* Sustainable features like bamboo flooring in the 2nd bedroom/library
* Lake Superior views when leaves fall
* Clawfoot tub is durable fiberglass and extra long (66")
* Conveniently located 2nd floor laundry
* Kitchen island and handy pull-out storage
* Garage is wired to charge an electric vehicle